hoj. Home Insurance. January 03rd , 2018.
1. Take it upon yourself to ask your agent about all the discounts available to you with your chosen insurance carrier. There's a possibility that your agent did not remember to tell you about some. The only way to be sure it's false in your case is by telling your agent to list out every discount that your insurer gives. You might have a very pleasant surprise!
2. Staying loyal to one insurer for any period will surely get you savings. A number of insurance providers will give you discounts of around 5 percent once you stay with them for over three years while others will give you discounts for staying up to 5 years. A longer stay will attract bigger discounts.
However, you may save more if you switch.
3. If you want a discount, buy your home insurance policy from the same insurer you bought existing policies from. It's called a multi-policy discount.
That said, it may not serve your best interest to do this as you might be more profitable if you buy each policy from different companies.
4. When buying coverage for your house, ensure you give just the cost of the structure and its content without including the land's cost. You insure the home to have coverage from perils that could lead to its loss or damage. Remember that the land on which the home is built can neither be lost nor damaged.
Don't forget to give the cost of the house minus the land when applying. If you don't do this you'll be buying far more coverage than is necessary. As you definitely understand, buying more insurance translates to spending more whether it's necessary coverage or not.
5. A well secured house will attract some discounts as well. Dead-bolt locks and burglar alarms could get you savings of around 5%.
With some insurers discounts of up 20% are available with the installation of some really advanced security devices. Just bear in mind that those devices have to be such approved by such an insurer for you to get such huge savings. The big markdown you get might not be worth it because these advanced devices cost way too much.
6. Get and compare Frankfort Kentucky home insurance rate quotes from at least quotes sites. This will help you find insurers who have the best rates.
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does KINGSHAT claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.